Trekking socks differ from ordinary terry or cotton ones in a whole range of different characteristics and properties, thanks to which an experienced hiker, athlete or outdoor enthusiast would prefer to take just such a pair of socks with him.
Socks for trekking boots compare favorably with quality, durability and abrasion resistance. The manufacturer pays special attention to the fingers and heel - the most dense and durable threads are used for these areas. Today, such socks are used not only by professional athletes and climbers. Skiing enthusiasts highly appreciate comfortable and high-quality socks for skiers - during intensive training and descents, they do not rub their feet, do not create discomfort. Trekking ski socks are suitable for any shoes - for boots, sneakers or high winter boots, so hunters, fishermen, and those involved in sports tourism are happy to wear them.
Characteristics by which you can identify a high-end, high-quality pair of socks:
- Compression effect - the introduction of elastane fibers into the composition of the fabric makes the socks elastic, the sock slightly squeezes the foot. This technique allows you to reduce muscle fatigue after prolonged exercise, quickly restore blood circulation;
- Vapor permeability and moisture removal - women's and men's winter thermal socks through the use of synthetic fibers (polyamide) provide optimal thermoregulation of the foot. This means that while running or walking, the legs do not overheat, excess heat is quickly removed, and the fabric does not get wet.If a person is at rest, heat is retained due to the high content of natural cotton in the composition of the fabric;
- Trekking warm socks are usually sewn high, like leggings. This contributes to maximum protection against heat loss not only of the feet, but also of the ankles and lower legs. Gaiter socks are indispensable during active movement in cold windy weather;
- Due to the elasticity, extensibility of the socks are very tight to the leg. Therefore, even when jumping, sliding, running, they do not go astray, they sit tightly, discomfort or rubbing of calluses is excluded. In fact, it is a "second skin".
- With frequent washing (and this is an inevitable rule for socks), usually socks made of natural cotton and terry cloth quickly lose their appearance and quality. This will not happen with trekking thermal socks - they do not shed when washed, the fiber does not shrink, and does not lose the properties of vapor permeability and thermal conductivity.
Buying trekking socks in Ukraine at the Croc store means purchasing a high-quality clothing accessory at a bargain price that is necessary for spending time outdoors in winter/autumn. Inexpensive, a large selection of models, colors and sizes - warm socks are offered for trekking, skiing, tourism, professional and amateur sports. Our store sells clothes and accessories of high quality, time-tested.